Wednesday, 19 December 2012
How To Start It Business - A Review on Email Go Getter System (EGGS)
This poses many benefits: The main difference between EGGS and other commercial autoresponders out there is that EGGS is hosted and run entirely on your own web server. Email Go Getter System (EGGS) is an autoresponder system that I have used in the past.
It all depends on the amount of web hosting space and bandwidth you have. *There is no limit to the number of subscribers you can have.
The longer the time, the greater the size. But it depends on the size of the message, 000 mails in 2 hours, *EGGS is capable of sending approximately 200.
Nobody can have a look at how many subscribers you have; *You own the software and the list.
*Unlimited number of autoresponders and messages.
*Ability to send broadcasts.
Your email content must be clean as it might still be filtered off by spam filters, of course. No such problems with EGGS as the email are sent from your own server. This is because their ip had been put on a 'to filter off' list. One main problem that I had with other commercial autoresponders like freeautobot and getresponse was that their emails are sometimes not delivered to hotmail or yahoomail. *Emails will not be filtered off automatically.
*Single or double opt-in/removal available.
*Both html and text supported.
Donors are even given a link on the main page as a form of recognition. You can download it and offer to donate any amount you like. The best thing of all is that this software is free!
There are some disadvantages to EGGS: There can never be a perfect software out there, however.
There's always the option of paying them to get it installed for you, in the worst case where you can't get it installed. The manual is pretty detailed and I have no problems with the installation, however. *You have to do some installation of the software on your server.
You are stuck with name and email only. *You can't select the fields you require in your database.
You can overcome this problem by sending one message at a time but it's a bit tedious, of course. You will have to set the messages to 1 day apart and wait 7 days to receive all the messages, so if you want to see how your list of 7 emails look. *There isn't a test function.
You will have to do it by either exporting the list to a text file and looking at it or browsing the raw database table (in sql) itself. *You can't browse through and see the details of the subscribers in your list.
I had to manually set up another mailing list to use as my test list, so. All broadcasts are sent to all users. *You can't select the users whom you want to send broadcast to.
You can edit the code to remove it but I have no problems promoting such a good software. *There is a single line advertisement to EGGS right at the end of the message.
Not a major problem as I wouldn't worry how the message look to a unsubsriber anyway. I had to change some of the text, so. It's sent as html even though I had put it as a text message, apparently. *There's a slight bug with the unsubscribe email send out.
I had to depend on my weblogs to check for clickthroughs, so. *Inability to track whether the email was opened and for clickthroughs.
I learnt it the hard way but thankfully there's no serious damage. It will be sent to your entire mailing list, *If you add a new message to your current autoresponder!
I do hope they can improve on some of the things that I have mentioned above, however. I guess I can have no complaints, at the cost (free) and the features I'm getting. A pretty simple autoresponder to use once it has been set up, all in all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment